Back Bacon & Mushroom Frittata
So quick, so easy and so perfect as a quick weeknight dinner or fancy brunch – and you can make it ahead of time too!
- 1 lb mini potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped Halenda’s Back bacon or Peameal Bacon
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cub shredded old cheddar
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Makes 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In large ovenproof skillet, toss potatoes and onions with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Transfer to skillet and roast in oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden and tender, about 15 min.
- Transfer skillet to stovetop, over medium high heat and add mushrooms and bacon, stirring often until mushrooms are golden and bacon is cooked through, anout 2 mins.
- In bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well blended. Pour over bacon mixture in skillet. Move mixture around with spatula and when eggs are almost completely set, sprinkle with cheese and return pan to oven. Bake until egg is puffed and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 min.
- Let sit for 5 min. Sprinkle with parsley and slice into wedges.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.