Bacon Crunch Ice Cream
What do you get when you cross bacon with ice cream? A delicious, crunchy, summer treat that will quickly become a fan favourite! This bacon crunch ice cream is mixed with a splash of maple syrup to deliver the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
Also, what better way to celebrate a Canadian summer than adding a Canadian delicacy into your ice cream and pair it with bacon!
We used a Cuisinart ice cream maker, but feel free to use any kind you would like! If you don’t have an ice cream maker, no worries. There are ways to join in on the fun. Here is a great step-by-step guide on how to achieve a great tasting ice cream without a machine.
Can you make ice cream without eggs?
Yes and we did just that! Don’t get me wrong, eggs have been an ingredient in ice cream for over 50 years, but we didn’t miss them and it made the recipe that much easier. Give it a shot without the eggs and I bet you won’t even notice the difference!
The hardest part of this recipe is refraining yourself from eating all your homemade brittle and waiting for the ice cream to freeze. If you can manage that, you will get to taste the results of this delicious dessert.
Did you give this recipe a try?
Bacon Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 Ice Cream Machine
Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pack Halenda’s Meats Double Smoked Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- Start with your ice cream ingredients. Add in the sugar, salt, maple syrup, half and half cream and whole milk and set aside.
- Now toss your bacon into a pan and cook until crispy. Allow to cool and dice it into your preferred size pieces.
- Add sugar into a pan and cook until melted. It will look golden brown once it is done. Be patient, this may take longer than expected! Once melted, add in your butter, baking soda and bacon, then stir.
- Butter up a baking tray and add your brittle mixture directly on the pan and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the brittle has become hard, smash it into a million pieces!
- Now we add our ice cream mixture into the ice cream machine and allow it to work it's magic. Once it become thick and reaches that ice cream consistency, add in your brittle.
- Put ice cream into the freezer and allow to freeze for at least 2.5 hours.
- Remove and Enjoy!