Bacon Crusted Beer Mac & Cheese
- 2-1/2 cups macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 12 oz. beer
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Total Time 35 min
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, cooking 1-2 minutes less than the time noted.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook until bubbly and golden in color.
- Whisk in milk and beer into saucepan], Stir in cheeses. Lower heat to medium and continue to stir, cooking for 5-6 minutes while mixture thickens. Stir in paprika, pepper, garlic powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir drained macaroni into sauce.
- Pour macaroni and sauce mixture into two single size serving dishes, dividing evenly.
In a small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and crumbled bacon. Top each dish with half of the bacon mixture.
- Grate additional parmesan cheese over bacon crust.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.