Halenda’s 5-Ingredient Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Developed by @zimmysnook,
5 ingredients (plus salt & pepper), 15 minutes of prep for these delicious Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloins! The combination of brown sugar, mustard, sriracha, and smoky bacon makes this sweet, spicy & savory dinner a real winner with the family!
- 8-10 slices Halenda’s double-smoked bacon
- 1 (1.5 -2 lbs) Halenda’s pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (or spicy BBQ sauce)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Halenda’s 3 cheese perogies (3-4 per person)
(Serve with a large green salad)
Preheat the oven to 400°F and set an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray or wipe on a light coating of oil.
Pat the pork dry with paper towels.
In a small bowl, combining mustard, brown sugar, sriracha, salt & pepper. Then stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Coat each tenderloin with 1 ½ tablespoons of the sauce, then cover the remaining sauce in the bowl and set aside to serve with pork.
Lay the bacon out on the sheet pan, slightly overlapping each slice. Place the tenderloin on the bacon and roll tightly, tucking the ends under the tenderloin. Repeat the process with the second tenderloin.
Bake for 20 minutes (internal temperature should be 130-135°F). Remove from oven and baste with pan juices.
Return pork to oven and bake an additional 10 – 15 minutes or until done (145-150°F).
Tent with foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve with reserved mustard sauce on the side.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the perogies in the boiling water, stir and cook until perogies begin to float. Turn off the heat, drain perogies, and return to pot. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to coat.
Perogies can be served as is or are delicious fried with some bacon fat (pan drippings from the pork tray) and onions.
To fry, place 1-2 tablespoons of bacon fat (or olive oil) in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add ½ cup of chopped onions to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Move onions to the side and place perogies in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until beginning to brown, flip, and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
- The recipe will serve 3-4. (If serving more double the recipe.)
- Do not forget to serve with the reserved sauce. To avoid contaminating the whole bowl of sauce when you baste the raw meat, remove the 3 tablespoons into another dish for coating pork.
- When wrapping the bacon around the pork, be sure the bacon does not overlap itself too much under the tenderloin or it will not crisp up. ½” – 1” is ideal, so use a knife to cut off any excess. (chop excess pieces and add to fried perogies).
- Optional – use toothpicks to hold bacon tightly around the tenderloin.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.