BBQ Bacon Chicken Breast
This barbequed Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe is so tender and delicious! The bacon adds an extra layer of flavor that is amazing! Get ready to grill because this recipe does not disappoint!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person
- 3 strips of Halenda’s bacon per breast
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Italian salad dressing per breast
- 1 fresh basil leaf per breast
- 1 deli slice of provolone per breast
- Marinate chicken breasts in a sealable plastic bag with Italian salad dressing overnight. Lay strips of bacon overlapping on a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper, place basil leaf in centre of bacon. Lay chicken down on top of basil leaf. Fold the wax/parchment paper over wrapping chicken breast in centre and pull tight. Roll wrapped chicken breast onto a sheet of foil, twist the ends of foil to seal edges, (like making a tamale).
- Preheat barbecue to 350 F. Place foil-wrapped chicken in barbecue. Cook for 20 minutes, flip chicken and cook for another 10. Carefully remove foil by cutting foil twists off end and unrolling chicken. Place chicken back on barbecue and cook until bacon is to desired level of crispness.
- Turn barbeque off and place cheese onto bacon chicken wraps, close cover on barbecue and let stand for five minutes. Best served with peppercorn ranch dressing, or cut up and served over a mixed garden salad with your choice of dressings.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.