BBQ ROAST BEEF SANDWICH
There’s something undeniably satisfying about sinking your teeth into a perfectly crafted sandwich. And when it comes to indulging in a BBQ roast beef sandwich, the experience reaches new heights. In this recipe, we’ll take you on a culinary adventure, showcasing the flavours and textures of a BBQ roast beef sandwich featuring the delicious Halenda’s Meats beef Hip Roast. Get ready to elevate your sandwich game and savour the combination of succulent beef, smoky barbecue sauce, and fresh toppings.
- The Choice Cut: Halenda’s Meats Hip Roast When it comes to a delectable BBQ roast beef sandwich, the quality of the meat is crucial. Halenda’s Meats Hip Roast is an excellent choice, renowned for its exceptional flavour and tenderness. Handpicked by Halenda’s expert butchers, the Hip Roast is carefully trimmed and marbled, ensuring a juicy and flavourful end result. This choice cut sets the foundation for an unforgettable sandwich experience.
- Rub Magic: To get the perfect flavours for the Halenda’s Meats Hip Roast, the dry rub is key! Prepare a mouthwatering dry rub using a combination of your favorite spices, herbs, and seasonings.We used smoked paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, dried thyme and salt and pepper!
- Slow and Steady: Low and Slow Cooking For a BBQ roast beef sandwich that melts in your mouth, slow cooking is the secret. But before that, we need to get a nice sear on all sides. First, set your grill to high heat and get a nice sear on each side!Then, lower the grill for indirect heat. Slow cook the Halenda’s Meats Hip Roast over low heat, allowing the meat to tenderize gradually and soak in the flavours. Aim for an internal temperature of around 135-140°F (57-60°C) for medium-rare, or adjust according to your preferred level of doneness.
- Assembling the BBQ Roast Beef Sandwich: Now that the Halenda’s Meats Hip Roast is cooked and your mouth is watering, it’s time to assemble your masterpiece. Start with a fresh, crusty roll or bun of your choice. Slice the roast beef thinly against the grain, ensuring tender and juicy bites.Layer the slices onto the bread generously, then add caramelized onions, dijon mustard, horse radish, and make a nice au jus sauce to dip your sandwich in! Of course, feel free to take away and add any toppings you would like.
- Serving and Enjoying: With your BBQ roast beef sandwich assembled, it’s time to dig in! Serve the sandwich with your favourite side dishes, such as coleslaw, potato salad, or even a serving of crispy fries. The combination of smoky, tender roast beef, tangy barbecue sauce, and fresh accompaniments creates a symphony of flavours that will have you savouring every bite.
Indulging in a BBQ roast beef sandwich made with Halenda’s Meats Hip Roast is an experience that takes your taste buds on a journey of delectable flavours and textures. The quality of the meat, the rub, slow cooking, and the final touch of au jus to dip, all comes together to create a sandwich masterpiece. So, fire up your grill, gather your ingredients, and embark on a culinary adventure that will leave you craving this sensational BBQ roast beef sandwich time and time again.
Visit us in-store to pick up your Halenda’s Meats Hip Roast!
BBQ Roast Beef Sandwich
- 1 Halenda's Meats Beef Hip Roast
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 pack au jus sauce
- Preheat your BBQ grill to high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a flavourful dry rub.
- Pat the Beef Hip Roast dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Drizzle the olive oil over the roast, and then rub the entire surface of the roast with the prepared dry rub, making sure it's evenly coated.
- Place the seasoned Beef Hip Roast directly on the preheated BBQ grill. Make sure to get a nice crust on all sides.
- Once seared, reduce the heat to medium or move the roast to an indirect heat zone on the grill. Continue grilling with the lid closed, turning the roast occasionally, until it reaches your desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. For medium-rare, cook until the thermometer reads 135°F (57°C). For medium, cook until it reads 145°F (63°C). Remember that the temperature will continue to rise a few degrees while the meat rests.
- Once the Beef Hip Roast is cooked to your liking, remove it from the grill and transfer it to a cutting board. Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
- While your beef is resting, start making your au jus sauce to dip your sandwich in. Follow the instruction on the packet.
- Slice the Beef Hip Roast against the grain into thin slices.
- Grab your fresh bun and start making your sandwich with your preferred toppings! We added sautéed onions, dijon mustard, and horse radish.
- Slice and dip into au jus sauce and enjoy! WHAT THE HALENDA!