Halenda’s BBQ Rotisserie Roast
Are you a BBQ lover? Do you love Ontario Beef? Try our BBQ Rotisserie Roast for a delicious and smoky flavour experience.
- Pierce a 3 to 4-lb. roast (rump, round, short rib, cross cut or sirloin tip) all over with fork. Place in large sealable freezer bag or shallow glass container with 2 cups of your favorite marinade; seal & refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Discard marinade after use.
- Place dripping pan with 1/2-inch to 1-inch water under BBQ grill. Preheat barbecue to medium-high (400 degrees F/200 degrees C). Cook with rotisserie or by indirect heat.
- Rotisserie Roasting: Insert spit rod lengthwise through center of roast; secure with holding forks and position roast over drip pan.
- Indirect Heat Roasting on BBQ: Place roast on grill over drip pan that has been moved to one side of the BBQ; turn heat off under just the roast side of the BBQ.
- Cook in closed BBQ at a constant heat until desired doneness (approx. 20-25 minutes per pound of roast for medium doneness).
- Remove roast to cutting board; tent with foil for 10 to 15 minutes. Carve into thin slices against the grain of the meat.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.