Breaded Smoked Pork Chops Recipe
Are you searching for that one super easy recipe that doesn’t break the bank and the family loves? Our breaded pork chops may be just that for you. These pork chops take under 10 minutes to prepare, and under 10 minutes to cook, and the end result will leave you drooling.
You may be thinking “breaded pork chops – I’ve never done that before.” Well, to say the least, you are missing out!
What Type of Pork Chops Should You Use?
The only pork chops that will work with this recipe is smoked pork chops. At Halenda’s we make our Award winning – Smoked Pork Chops or “Kessler.” They are centre-cut pork loin chops that have been smoked for a wonderful flavour. The best part of these is that they are partially cooked so the cooking time is super quick. They can be done in a pan, oven or BBQ!
How to Bread Your Pork Chops
All you need are 3 eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley, flour, breadcrumbs, and salt and pepper of course. Start by whisking together 3 eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper. Then add 1 cup of flour in a bowl and 2 cups of breadcrumbs in another bowl.
Take your smoked pork chops and pat them dry. Then coat both sides in flour, then egg/cheese wash and then breadcrumbs. Make sure your pork chops are fully coated with each step. Now they are ready to be added to your pan.
Pro Tip: The best oil to use is Sunflower oil, but canola or vegetable oil can be used as well. Avoid using olive oil.
DID YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Breaded Pork Chop Recipe
- 4 Smoked Pork Chops
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1 Tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Sunflower Oil
- Start by patting down your smoked chops with paper towel so they are completely dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, add approximately 2 cups of flour and in another small bowl, add 2 cups of breadcrumbs.
- Coat your smoked pork chops in flour, then egg mixture and then breadcrumbs. Make sure both sides are evenly coated during all steps.
- In a medium/large pan fill with sunflower oil to about 2-3 cm high and turn to medium heat.
- Cook your pork chops on both sides for about 4 minutes each. Be careful not to make the oil too hot so you don't burn the breading.
- Remove and place on a plate with a paper towel to drain. Salt lightly, garnish with parsley and enjoy!