Breakfast Burrito Bowl
Makes 2 bowls.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup cooked rice or 1/3 head cauliflower riced (for a low-carb version)
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 eggs beaten
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and remove any fat that renders as it cooks. Add in taco seasoning and water. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Push the taco meat over to the side of the skillet and add the rice, cilantro, and salt in the open space. Cook the rice for a few minutes, then push it to the side to make room for the scrambled egg. If you don’t have a large enough skillet, grab a separate pan to scramble the eggs.
- Melt butter and pour in the beaten egg. Whisk the egg and shake the skillet as it cooks to break up the curd. Once the egg scrambles to your liking, mix it in with the rest of the dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.