CARAMEL PORK RIBS
If there was ever a recipe that someone has said this is a must-try, it’s this one! Kara, from ScaleandTailor, designed this recipe to perfection and the best part, it’s super fun and delicious! This Caramel pork rib recipe could potentially break the internet!
This recipe features our Halenda’s Meats pork ribs and this recipe really makes them shine.
How To Get Started Cooking Your Pork Ribs
1. Remove the Membrane: It’s important to remove the membrane because it can be chewy and it prevents seasonings from penetrating the underside of the ribs.
2. The Rub: Mustard works as a great binder to any kind of rib recipe. You will also need a rub, this is where you can add your twist to the recipe. Add your own favourite rub or mix of spices that you think will go well!
4. Don’t forget to rest your pork ribs. This is a crucial step that should never be skipped.
5. Last but not least, coat them in a caramel sauce and crispy bacon! Feel free to add as much bacon as you see fits. We used Halenda’s Double Smoked Bacon and it was a perfect fit.
After you take your first bite, these ribs will have you saying…. WHAT THE HALENDA?!
Love This Recipe?
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok to see all our Halenda’s Meats recipes.
Click here to stay up to date on our weekly sales, new recipes and company updates!
CARAMEL PORK RIBS
- 2 Halenda's Meats Pork Back Ribs
- 2 Tbsp Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Pork Rub
- 1 Cup Caramel melted
- 1 Cup Halenda's Double Smoked Bacon
- 1 Cup Apple Juice
- The Prep: Prepare your pork back ribs by first removing the membrane on the back of the ribs. Next, thinly coat your ribs on all sides with a mustard binder. Use your favourite pork rub and also thinly coat your ribs on all sides.
- The Cook: Preheat your grill to 250 degrees with your heat deflector in place. Place your ribs on the grill indirectly. After you reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, spritz with apple juice every half hour. Once you reach an internal temperature of 190-200 degrees it is ready to rest.
- The Rest: Once your ribs are done, wrap them in aluminum foil and then a towel. Place in your microwave or cooler (do not open) for a minimum of an hour to two hours. This will help the ribs retain their moisture again.
- The Caramel Bacon Topping: Right before you're ready to eat your ribs, melt 1 cup of caramel in a cast iron pan. Once liquid and runny, pour over your ribs (add cream if it is too thick). Top with Bacon crumble (optional). Enjoy!
- WHAT THE HALENDA!