Cheesy Tomato & Turkey Bake
- 6 oz broad Italian-Style Egg noodles
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste (5 1/2oz)
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 pkg light ricotta or light cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse with hot water.
In a large bowl, mix tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and sugar together.
- Stir in drained noodles and turkey
- Puree cottage cheese, ricotta cheese (or cream cheese) and nutmeg, until smooth
- In a 2 qt glass baking dish spoon noodle mixture on the bottom, Spread cottage cheese mixture on top and top with remaining noodle mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until bubbling and hot.Serves 8
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.