Chicken and Rice Recipe
Chicken and rice is one of the best comfort food recipes that is simple to prepare and the end result leaves you drooling and asking for more! This is a recipe that can be cooked in many ways, with different spices and added vegetables but whatever you add to this dish this will become one of your new favourite go-to dinner recipes.
Our chicken and rice recipe is made with chicken thighs and paprika as the main ingredients. Chicken thighs are more tender and flavourful than chicken breast because it has a higher fat content! Which is perfect for this comfort food dish!
When choosing your chicken thighs, head on over to one of our Halenda’s Meats locations to pick up our big and beautiful chicken thighs. Halenda’s only purchases the very best chicken and only buys fresh Ontario poultry. By choosing Halenda’s, your chicken and rice dish will stand out from all the rest.
Add A Little Spice
If you love spice, adding some chilli flakes to this dish is the perfect seasoning that pairs well with the paprika. It all depends on your spice level and they can always be added at the end as a garnish. Another great way to add a little bit of spice is to drizzle the hot oil over the dish. This will give your rice a spicy aroma and glistening texture, as well as a nice spicy touch.
What Serving Size is Best For You
This recipe is made for a family of 4-5 who also loves leftovers, but this recipe can also be made for 2! All you need to do is only have 1 pack of Halenda’s chicken thighs, 1.5 cups of rice, and reduce all other ingredients by approximately half. This serving size will give 2 people enough for dinner and lunch the next day!
That’s our favourite part of cooking home-cooked meals is that if portioned properly, you will always have a home-cooked meal for lunch even if you have to go into an office. If you are working from home, all you have to do is heat it up and don’t need to waste your lunch break cooking!
Stop by one of our Halenda’s Meats locations to pick up our juicy chicken thighs!
Did you make this recipe?
Easy Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 Pack Halenda's Meats Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Onion
- 1 Stock Celery
- 1 Small Can Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 6 Cups Broth
- 3 Cups Rice
- 1 Tbsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- In a frying pan, add butter, celery and onion, tomato paste, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until onions are transparent and celery is soft.
- While your celery and onion mixture cooks, start to season your chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- In a hot frying pan, add your chicken thighs and cook until they get a nice golden crust on both sides.
- Grab your roasting pan and add your rice, celery and onion mixture and lay your chicken thighs on top.
- Put your roasting pan in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked. While cooking, feel free to add more broth to ensure the rice gets fully cooked.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and ENJOY!
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.