Double Smoked Bacon & Three Cheese Macaroni
Mac and Cheese might just be the perfect food! A great cheese combines with more cheese, for an absolutely creamy, dreamy bacon mac and cheese. This recipe combines our award-winning double smoked bacon with three cheeses to be baked to perfection. Add green onions and your favourite local beer and you have a dish that is sure to warm you up for this cold Ontarian winter!
- 1 can of your favourite beer (stouts recommended)
- 2-1/2 cups macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 cups Fresh Reid’s Dairy milk
- 3/4 cups parmesan, grate
- 1-1/2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- green onions
- seasoned with salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 Halenda’s double smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Total Time 35 min
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, cooking 1-2 minutes less than the time noted.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook until bubbly and golden in color.
- Make roux. Whisk in milk and beer into saucepan and slowly stir in shredded gouda and old cheddar. Lower heat to medium and continue to stir, cooking for 3-5 minutes until you have a light roux.
- Stir drained macaroni into sauce.
- Pour macaroni and sauce mixture into two single size serving dishes, dividing evenly.
In a small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, green onions and crumbled award-winning double smoked bacon. Top each dish with half of the bacon mixture.
- Grate additional parmesan cheese over bacon crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.