Chicken Cutlet Recipe
This chicken cutlet recipe is beginner-friendly and will bring out the inner chef in you! It’s crispy, flavourful and can be served with any side. You can go light with an arugula salad with feta and green onion and a side of string beans, or serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli! Whatever you choose, this will become one of your go-to recipes.
This is a great recipe to try if you are getting bored with your typical chicken dishes. This has always been a fan favourite and the best of all, it tastes just as good cold. The next morning, you are lucky if someone isn’t caught eating a piece right out of the fridge! Guilty…
Leftovers are great for a chicken cutlet sandwich to take for lunch, or even chopped up in a salad. The world is yours with this versatile dish.
About The Ingredients
The key ingredient is your boneless chicken breast from Halenda’s Meats. Our chicken breasts are always fresh Ontario poultry. You can ensure if you buy from Halenda’s, that your chicken is always tender, juicy and affordable!
Check to see if there is a Halenda’s Meats butcher shop near you!
If you are lucky enough to have homemade breadcrumbs, that would be the way to go, if not, no worries, an unseasoned store-bought is just as good. Be sure to use unseasoned. The fresh parsley, garlic and salt will add in all the flavours needed! In this recipe, we used plain breadcrumbs and flour for the ultimate crispy coating.
Now, you may be thinking, why are we using olive oil to fry the chicken breast? Since we aren’t getting the oil super hot, using extra-virgin olive oil gives the chicken a burst of flavour. Trust us, give it a try.
Recipe tip: serve with lemon wedges. A squeeze of lemon is a splash of freshness that elevates the chicken cutlets. It’s a must-have!
Did you make this recipe?
Easy Chicken Cutlet Recipe
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Olive OIl
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- Filet your chicken breasts into pieces. Depending on the size, you may get 3-4 cutlets per breast.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs and whisk them together.
- Then add in the parsley, garlic, cheese, a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add in your chicken breast and make sure they are evenly coated.
- In another bowl, add your breadcrumbs, flour and mix together.
- Add chicken cutlets into the breadcrumb mixture and coat the breast evenly and thoroughly. You can pat the chicken breast lightly to ensure the coating sticks to the breast.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Place 3-4 chicken breasts in at a time, depending on how many can fit comfortably in your pan.
- Cook until they turn a beautiful golden brown on each side. Usually 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt and fresh parsley.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.