Easy Eggs Benedict With Peameal Bacon
When you think of eggs benedict, you probably think of your favourite brunch menu item! Why not make this delicious meal from the comfort of your home? We know what you are thinking, this dish seems hard to make and has a lot of moving parts. You are not wrong, so that is why we are giving you the easiest way to put together a restaurant-worthy eggs benedict.
The 3 Steps To The Perfect Egg Benedict
This is a step-by-step process, that if broken down, is just 3 simple steps to making the perfect eggs benedict.
- First, we are going to start with peameal bacon. Our Halenda’s Meats peameal bacon is high-quality, and the perfect meat for any eggs benedict. It comes pre-sliced or in a chub so you can slice it to your preferred thickness. The key to this step is to make sure your peameal bacon has a golden crust and stays warms while you prepare the other ingredients. We start with the peameal bacon and when it is finished, put it in the oven to keep warm while you prepare the other ingredients.
- The second step is the delicious hollandaise sauce. Of course, you can make this homemade, but it is totally unnecessary. There are many different brands that sell hollandaise sauce packages that give you the same end result, and it is easier and less messy! The key here is to test out different brands and find your favourite and stick to it. You want the sauce to be the perfect thickness and not too watery.
- The last and final step is the dreadful poached egg. The poached egg looks very intimidating, but in hindsight, it is super easy! The key here is to not overthink it and let the egg do the work. Make sure you use a deeper frying pan and fill it halfway with water. Let the water reach a soft boil and simply add your eggs. No need to add vinegar, or even stir the water. Just let it be, trust us! Once you see the egg turn white and you can no longer see the yolk, you are done! It should take anywhere between 3-5 minutes! Remove from water with a slotted spoon and lay on a dry paper towel.
Now it’s the easy part, assembly! Toast your english muffin to your preference, and add butter, peameal bacon and poached egg! Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper and now pour your hollandaise sauce liberally all over. If you want to feel a little bougie, garnish with some chives and VOILA, your very own eggs benedict from home!
Stop by one of our Halenda’s Meats locations to pick up a pack of our peameal pacon! Our peameal bacon is also available at your local Metro!
Did you love this recipe?
Tag @halendasmeats on Instagram or Facebook and use #recipebyhalendas
Easy Eggs Benedict With Peameal Bacon
- 1 Pack Halenda's peameal bacon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Pack Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 English Muffins
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- In a frying pan, melt a tablespoon of butter
- Once hot, add in your peameal bacon slices
- While your peameal bacon is cooking, add 1/2 cup of butter in a sauce pan.
- Once the butter is melted, add in 1/2 cup of water and your hollandaise sauce packet.
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- Fill a saute pan halfway with water and bring to a soft boil.
- Simply crack your egg into the boiling water and allow it to cook for approximately 3-5 minutes!
- Once your eggs are cooked, remove them and lay them on a dry paper towel.
- While your eggs and sauce are cooking make sure your peameal bacon gets a beautiful crust on both sides. If your peameal is done early, heat the oven to 250 degrees and allow the peameal to stay hot while you prepare other ingredients.
- Once all your ingredients are ready, toast your English muffins, add butter, then peameal bacon, and poached egg. Season your egg with salt and pepper and finally, add your creamy hollandaise sauce.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.