Easy Homemade Chili Recipe
This easy homemade chili recipe is going to be your go-to way to cook chili from now on! We love creating recipes that are easy, delicious, affordable and that yield a lot of servings so there are leftovers for the next day.
Another perk to having leftover chili is that you can always make chili nachos! That is basically the reason why we make chili so we can have the most delicious nachos the next day.
A great chili is packed with high-quality lean ground beef, a variety of beans, and is loaded with flavour! There are two ways to get that classic chili flavour. The first and “easiest” way is to grab a prepackaged blend from your local grocery store. The second way is to make your own chili seasoning using spices you most likely already have in your home!
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- White Pepper (can substitute with black pepper)
Why did we add beer?
Well, why not? In our opinion, beer is actually an essential ingredient when making chili, and the darker the beer the better! Beer is a great way to add extra flavour and texture and it also has sugars and malt flavours that are hard to get from any other ingredients.
What to top your chili with?
Chili is such a versatile dish, the possibilities are endless. The most popular toppings are:
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onion
- Sour cream
- Grilled corn
- Grilled jalapeños
What type of meat do you use in chili?
The best meat to use will always be lean ground beef. The key here is to make sure you are using lean ground beef that is high-quality. Halenda’s Meats can supply you with top-of-the-line lean ground beef that will take your chili to the next level.
You can also use ground turkey or chicken as a substitute, but lean ground beef is a classic!
DID YOU LOVE THIS EASY HOMEMADE CHILI RECIPE?
EASY HOMEMADE CHILI RECIPE
- 2 Pounds Halenda's Meats Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Can Plum Tomatoes (pureed) 796 ml Puree them yourself before pouring in
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes 398 ml
- 1 Can Tomato Paste Small Can
- 1/2 Can White Kidney Beans
- 1/2 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Dark Beer
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 3 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp White Pepper Can substitute for black pepper
- 1 Beef Cube or Beef Bouillon
- Start by heating up a big pot with olive oil on medium heat. Then add in your onions and fresh jalapeños and mix well. Cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly soft.
- Now add in the lean ground beef from Halenda's Meats. Stir until combined well. Cook until the meat is brown.
- Once your meat is brown, drain out as much of the liquids as you can.
- Now add in your dark beer and mix well.
- Then add in a beef cube, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and plum tomato puree. We put our plum tomatoes in a blender beforehand to make a puree. Mix well and continue to cook on medium heat.
- Now it's time to add in all our spices. Combine the cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and white pepper. Mix well and continue to cook!
- Bring your chili to a light simmer and then add in the white kidney beans, black beans and red kidney beans.
- Now continue to cook until you are ready to eat.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and green onion and enjoy!