Ontario’s Finest Eggs Benedict with Porketta
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 English muffins, halved and toasted
- 16 asparagus spears, blanched and halved
- 8 pieces, thinly sliced Halenda’s Ontario porketta
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- Pour enough water into a shallow saucepan to come 2 inches (5 cm) up side; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Break each egg into a small dish; gently slip into water. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove with slotted spoon and drain well; keep warm on a towel-lined platter.
- In small heavy saucepan, whisk together yolk, water and pepper; cook, whisking constantly, over medium low heat for about 5 minutes or until pale and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter and lemon.
- Arrange English muffins, cut sides up, on four warm plates. Top each muffin with 4 pieces of asparagus, one slice of the porketta and one poached egg. Spoon warm hollandaise sauce over top and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately with a fresh green salad and warm roasted potatoes.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Innovative: Substitute the asparagus with fresh baby spinach when not in season.PER SERVING: about 480 calories, 34 g protein, 30 g total fat (13 g sat fat), 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fibre, 690 mg cholesterol, 1220 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 20%, calcium 20%, vitamin A 30%, vitamin C 8%.Recipe from Ontario’s Finest – Halenda’s Award Winning Porketta
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.