Flatbread Pizza for Two
Made with Ontario Paisanella Salami, mushrooms and rich nutty Asiago, and topped with peppery arugula, they will be left wanting more.
- 1 7 oz/ 200 g pre-baked flat bread
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 slices Ontario salami
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp fresh shaved Asiago
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Arrange flat bread on rimmed baking sheet. Brush oil lightly over entire bread.
- Spread sauce over pizza. Top with salami, mozzarella slices and mushrooms. Bake in the center of the oven until cheese is melted and golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with Asiago, fresh cracked pepper and arugula. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately.Makes 2 servings.Tip: Fold the pizza in half after topping with arugula and cut in half to make two “sandwiches”.PER SERVING: about 350 calories, 17 g protein, 26 g total fat (12 g sat fat), 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 65 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 8%, calcium 6%, vitamin A 8%, vitamin C 10%.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.