Gourmet Deli Roast Beef Sandwich
A deli roast beef sandwich is a wonderful thing: a succulent tower of paper-thin slivers of rare red meat, perched on sliced seeded rye, slathered with mustard. Properly made, it threatens to be too tall to eat, but anyone with a firm grip will make the tender meat comply, squishing down just enough for that first juicy bite. The perfect lunch to get you through the winter.
- 1 Bun sliced in half (mini sub buns, kaiser on mini baguette)
- 2 tsp (10ml) Garlic butter
- 1/4 lb (100g) shaved Halenda’s Deli Roast Beef
- 1/4 Onion, sliced and sauteed
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- 2 tbsp (30ml) prepared Steak sauce
- Toast Bun and brush both pieces with garlic butter. Layer on roast beef, onions and mushrooms, then drizzle steak sauce on top.Serves 1
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.