Halenda’s Kobassa Omelette
A quick & easy egg dish using Halenda’s Award-Winning Kobassa.
- 1/2 lb Halenda’s Award Winning Ham Kobassa
- 1 small diced onion
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 3-4 mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup montary jack shredded cheese (try pepper for a kick)
- 1/2 cup medium cheddar shredded
- 8 -9 Large Mennonite Country Eggs whisk in bowl
- Salt & Pepper add to egg mixture
- Unsalted butter (fro frying)
- Serves 4
- Melt approx 1/2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Fry kobassa for about 2-3 min or until nicely browned. Remove from pan
- Add 2 tbsp to pan and saute veggies until soft and onions trranslucent. Remove from pan
- Wipe pan and bring back to medium temperature. Add 1/4 egg mixture to pan. In the first 30 seconds use a spatula to create 6-10 small cuts through the omelette to allow uncooked egg on the top to flow to bottom of pan.
- After approx 2-3 minutes flip omelette and add 1/4 kobassa, 1/4 cheese mixture and 1/4 veggie mixture. Close omelette. Let cook approx 1 minute. Repeat with remaining mixture to complete three additional omelettes.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.