Honey & Garlic Pork Back Ribs
Simple fall off the bone “HONEY & GARLIC BACK RIBS.” At Halenda’s we leave even more of the delicious, tender pork on the bone to make our pork back ribs extra special! Our meaty pork back ribs are cut fresh.
- 2 racks of Canadian Pork back ribs, about 3 lbs/1.5 kg
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) EACH: liquid honey, cider vinegar, and ketchup
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 mL) EACH: Tabasco or hot chile sauce, garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Using a fork, lift the membrane from a corner of the rib bones on the non-meaty underside, and gently peel it away from the ribs and discard. Place ribs in a single layer in a baking tray or dish, meaty side up. Add 2 cups (500 mL) of hot water to the tray. Slice lemons and place slices on top of ribs.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour, or until meat is easily pierced with a sharp knife, and is beginning to pull away from the rib bones.
- At this stage ribs can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Pre-heat barbeque to medium-low, or oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Prepare sauce: Combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Place ribs on grill and baste with sauce. Keep basting and turning ribs for about 20 minutes or until ribs are thoroughly heated. Slice and serve.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.