Jalapeno Pig Cups
This recipe was made for all Halenda’s Meats lovers. This recipe showcases our Halenda’s Meats Old Country Kobassa with Cracked Black Pepper and our Double-Smoked Bacon! These Pig Cups are a fun dish to have as an appetizer at any party, especially at a sporting event! If your guests love meat and some spice, look no further.
This recipe is very easy and all done in the air fryer. The air fryer cooks the bacon perfectly in under 15 minutes!
Preparing Your Pig Cups
First, you are going to want to slice your Halenda’s Meats Double Smoked Bacon very thin! If you head over to one of our Halenda locations, ask our butcher to slice it for you. This way you can make sure you are getting an even cut, but if not, you can still slice it yourself at home.
Next, cut the Kobassa into round pieces, these will be used as the base of the cup. So don’t cut them too thick or thin. We suggest one finger size thick.
Now we get to the fun part – assembling your pig cups! Roll your bacon around the Kobassa pieces to form a nice little pig cup. Use a toothpick to secure both the bacon and Kobassa together! Watch our recipe video to see the technique we used. Once you have created all your cups, it’s time to make our filling.
The Jalapeno Cream Cheese Filling
Mix together one package of cream cheese (250g), approximately 150g of your choice of spicy Monterey jack cheese, 1 finely chopped fresh jalapeno and 1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
Take a small spoon and start filling your pig cups with the filling. Make sure to pack the filling in there, but don’t let the filling hang over the top or it will spill over. Don’t forget to sprinkle some paprika overtop of all your pig cups for some added flavour.
Assemble in your air fryer and depending on your personal air fryer cook at 350F for 15 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy.
Sprinkle some chives if you have some garnish, and serve! Time to enjoy these delicious pig cups.
DID YOU LOVE THIS PIG CUPS RECIPE?
Jalapeño Pig Cups
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Pack Halenda's Meats Double Smoked Bacon
- 1 Halenda's Meats Double Smoked Kobassa
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 250g Spicy Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno
- 1/3 Cup Parsley
- Pinch of Paprika
- Start by slicing your Halenda's Double Smoked bacon thin or ask Halenda's Butchers to pre-slice it for you!
- Next, cut your Halenda's Old Country with Cracked Black Pepper Kobassa into circle pieces. Cut them around 1/2 inch thick.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, spicy monterey jack cheese, 1 fresh jalapeno (diced) and parsley. Pro tip: let your cream cheese sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes so it is easier to mix.
- Now roll your bacon around your kobassa pieces to form a cup! Refer to our recipe video to see our technique.
- It is now time to fill your pig cups with the jalapeno cheese mixture. The key here is to pack them with the filling as best as you can but do not overflow. Level off the filling at the top.
- Before adding them to the air fryer, sprinkle them with paprika to add a little extra flavour.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 350 F and cook for 15 minutes or once the bacon is fully cooked and extra crunchy.
- Sprinkle with some chives for some garnish and serve!