Maple Glazed Rack of Pork
Pork marries well with a touch of sweetness. So pork and maple are a match made in heaven. This holiday season try a sweet maple glazed rack of pork for the centerpiece on your table. Recipe developed in partnership with @zimmysnook.
- 2 x 6-bone Frenched Rack of Pork (3 to 4 lbs/rack) – fat cap removed
- 3 tablespoons dry rub (use your favourite pork rub or try the blend below)
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp rubbed sage
- ½ tsp chipotle pepper powder
- ½ tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Mix well – makes 3 tbsp
- Remove the roasts from the fridge and pat dry with paper towels. Wrap each individual bone in tin foil (purely for presentation – totally optional). Using 1½ tbsp of dry rub/roast, season all sides of the roasts. Place the roasts on a rack over a sheet pan and let sit at room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. (Short on time? The pork can be cooked at temperatures up to 350°F, but lower and slower will result in a more tender & juicier roast!)
- Combine the vinegar & Dijon mustard in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down to a very low simmer, add maple syrup and whisk to combine. Keep glaze warm over very low heat.
- Place the roasts in the oven. Cook, uncovered, until the internal temperature (not touching the bone) reaches 135°F, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Baste the roasts with the maple syrup glaze and return to the oven for 10 minutes, baste again and let cook until the internal temperature has reached 145°F (it won’t take long). ** when glazing the roasts add a little water to the sheet pan to keep the maple syrup from burning as it drips **
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and loosely cover with foil.
- Let rest 15 minutes before cutting into individual bone portions. Serve with remaining warm glaze.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.