Meaty Pork Back Ribs Recipe with Homemade BBQ Sauce
The best ribs will leave you with BBQ sauce slathered all over your hands and face. That’s when you know they were a success!
This recipe used an oven and a BBQ! Our Back Pork Ribs are rubbed with a spice mix, then slow cooked in the oven until they are tender and juicy. Then we coat them in our homemade BBQ sauce and sear on the BBQ until chard!
Warning, there will be no leftovers!
How to Cook Ribs?
There are many ways to reach the goal of fall-off-the-bone tender ribs. It requires patience, love and high-quality ribs. At Halenda’s Meats, Our meaty pork back ribs are cut fresh, which allows us to leave more meat on the bone for you to enjoy.
You can choose to cook them only on the BBQ or even, or both! In this recipe, we started them in the oven, and reversed seared them on the BBQ to get that chard BBQ crust you drool over!
How to Prepare Pork Back Ribs?
Cooking ribs may seem like a daunting task, but it really isn’t! The most important part of preparing your ribs is of course the quality, but also your dry rub mix. We used a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. These spices compliment the meat perfectly and allow that rib flavour to burst into your mouth.
You can of course buy a pre-made BBQ sauce if you are in a pinch, or have a favourite sauce that you can’t live without, but why not try and make your own! The best part of making your own is you can tie in the flavour from your spice rub right into your BBQ sauce.
For our BBQ sauce, we used a combination of ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, hot sauce and the homemade dry spice rub that you use on your ribs. These ribs were to die for. You know you made a good meal when you hear, “these are the best I’ve ever had!”
You are welcome!
What To Eat With Ribs?
I mean we could just eat these alone, all day, every day, but it is always nice to add on some sides for colour and flavour! You can’t go wrong with potato salad, mac and cheese, fries or corn on the cob! Or, you can go on the lighter side and make a salad, grilled vegetables, or a cucumber-tomato salad with feta.
You can really go with any sides that you are craving that day!
Did you give this recipe a try?
Let us know how it turned out and tag us on Instagram or Facebook!
Meaty Pork Back Ribs Recipe
- 2 Rack Halenda's Meaty Pork Back Ribs
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Rib Spice Rub
- 1/4 Tsp Hot Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat your ribs dry with a paper towel and drizzle them with olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine all your spice rub ingredients.
- Then, season all sides of the pork ribs generously. Place the ribs, meat-side up, into a large roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for approximately 2.5 hours or until fall-off-the bone tender.
Homemade BBQ sauce
- While the ribs are baking, it's time to make our BBQ sauce.
- Add ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, worcestershire sauce, fresh lemon juice, rib spice rub, and hot sauce (if you want) sauce pan and mix together.
- Bring BBQ sauce to a bowl and simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
Finish Ribs on BBQ
- Once your ribs have cooked for approx. 2.5 hours or until tender, remove them from the oven and generously brush both sides with your homemade barbecue sauce
- Turn your BBQ on to medium- high heat and sear the ribs on both sides until you get a nice caramelized bbq crust.
- Dig in and Enjoy!