Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Part Skim Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 62 g (1/4 of 250g pkg) light brick cream cheese spread, softened
- ¼ cup finely chopped green peppers
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast pounded to ¼ inch thickness
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F. Mix ½ cup of the shredded cheese, the cream cheese, peppers, oregano and garlic salt until well blended; set aside.
- Place 2 chicken breast in large freezer bag. Pound chicken until chicken is ¼ inch thick. Remove chicken from bag; set aside. Repeat with remaining 2 chicken breasts. Place chicken, top-sides down, on large cutting board. Spread each breast with one-fourth of the cheese mixture. Starting at one of the short ends, tightly roll up each chicken breast. Place, seam-sides down, in 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spoon pasta sauce evenly over chicken; cover with foil.
- Bake 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170F). Remove foil; sprinkle chicken with remaining ½ cup shredded cheese. Bake additional 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.