Muffaletta on House Baked Focaccia
For the Sandwich:
- Olive Spread
- House baked focaccia
- Hot capocollo
- Genoa Salami
- Swiss Cheese
For the Olive Salad:
- 1 cup mixed green and black pitted olives of your choice
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 2 pepperoncini
- 2 cauliflower florets
- Olive oil to coat
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
For the sandwich:
- Slice loaf through the middle for a top and bottom.
- Cover bottom loaf with olive salad not quite too the edges.
- Layer sandwich alternating with mortadella, provolone, hot capocollo, swiss, genoa salami.
- Cover top layer of salami with another spread of the olive salad then place the top of the loaf back on to cap it off.
- Wrap tightly in saran wrap, trying to get as much air as possible out.
- Place in the fridge overnight to let the flavours come together.
- Slice into 6 wedges and share with your pals from a safe distance, or eat the whole thing and sleep off the next three months.
For the olive salad:
- Roughly chop all ingredients and combine with oil, vinegar, and salt to quickly pickle. Can store in the fridge for a week.
- Optional ingredients: capers, onions, chili flakes (whatever you want to pickle is fine).
- Pre-mixed muffuletta mix is available at most grocery stores now, feel free to add what you want.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.