Mushroom Crusted Beef
- 2 tbsp each olive oil and Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 lbs Premium Oven Roast (Ribeye, Top Sirloin, Striploin)
- 1 pkg dried mushrooms (i.e. shiitake, portobello, or porcini cepes)
- wine sauce (recipe as follows)
Makes 6-8 servings
- Combine oil, mustard, thyme, garlic and pepper; rub all over roast. Finely chop mushrooms; rub all over roast. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into meat so that thermometer tip reaches centre of roast. Place on rack in ovenproof skillet or shallow pan.
- Cook roast, uncovered, in 325°F (160°C) oven until thermometer reads 155°F (68°C) for medium, about 25 minutes/lb. Transfer roast to cutting board; tent with foil for 5 minutes. Carve thinly across the grain.
- Prepare Wine Sauce. Serve with roast.
- Wine Sauce: After removing roast from pan, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in roasting pan on stove top over medium-high heat; sauté 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion until tender. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour until moistened. Stir in ½ cup (125 mL) red wine, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in 2 cups (500 mL) beef broth; cook, stirring, until boiling and thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 2 cups
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.