Feswick’s Pork and Dill Pelmeni
Recipe developed by ALEXANDRA FESWICK
EXEC CHEF – DRAKE DEVONSHIRE
- 6 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ½ bunch of dill, picked + roughly chopped
- ½ bunch of parsley, picked + roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1 lb Halenda’s ground pork
- 1 lb Halenda’s ground beef (or veal)
- salt + pepper, to taste
- scallions, dill, parsley + sour cream for garnish
Combine all the ingredients and combine until the dough becomes smooth and elastic to the touch.
Set aside for approx.. 3 minutes.
- FillingCombine onion, garlic, herbs + stock together in a food processor.In a separate bowl, combine the meats and season with salt and pepper well. Add in the herb mix until well incorporated (I throw mine back in the food processor in batches on pulse for a 10-15 seconds to blend well).
Set aside in the fridge and move back to your dough.
Divide dough into quarters, so you can make the pelmeni in batches, and cover with a tea towel to keep from drying out.
Using a rolling pin and some additional flour for dusting, flatten the dough as thin as possible. [The dough should be fairly elastic and forgiving.]
Using a cookie cutter, make rounds out of the dough.
Scoop approx. a teaspoon of the meat mixture in the centre of your dough rounds.
Dip your finger in a small amount of water and make a ring around the outside of the round. This will create a ‘glue’ to hold your dough together.
Fold the round into half. I tucked the corners in so they formed little roses, but folding in half like a perogy is perfect.
Cook dumplings in boiling water for approx. 7 minutes, until they float to the top of the water and the middle of the dumpling feels tight to the touch. (you can pull out a tester to make sure the meal filling is fully cooked).
Toss in melted butter and serve with some additional garnishing herbs and sour cream. Enjoy!
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.