Pulled Ham Recipe
Pulled pork is a classic barbecue dish, but have you ever tried pulled ham? Halenda’s Meats Mini Ham is the perfect cut of meat to use for this recipe. Not only is it tender and flavourful, but it’s also the perfect size for a family meal, holiday gathering, or potluck with friends. With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a delicious and savoury meal that everyone will love.
This recipe is easy to customize to your liking. If you like more heat, add some hot sauce or more chili flakes to the sauce. If you prefer a sweeter flavour, add more brown sugar or honey.
If you happen to have any leftovers, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen for later use. The next morning we made a delicious French Toast with Pulled Ham, drizzled with Canadian maple syrup – this was a brunch dish that will send your tastebuds flying and a fun way to use the leftovers. The kids will love it, that’s for sure!
Pulled Ham Sandwich
There’s nothing quite like a pulled ham sandwich. The tender and savoury meat, combined with a sweet and tangy sauce, creates the perfect balance of flavours.
Whether you add coleslaw, pickles, mustard or your favourite barbecue sauce, this sandwich is sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling full!
You can also add the pulled ham on rice, in a salad or just eat it on its own, it’s seriously that delicious.
This pulled ham recipe using Halenda’s Meats Mini Ham is sure to become a family favourite. It’s simple, flavourful, and perfect for any occasion. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Pulled Ham Recipe
- 1 Slow Cooker
- Combine your apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Place your Halenda's Meats Mini Ham in your slow cooker and pour your apple cider vinegar mixture over the ham.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or cook on medium/high for 4-5 hours. You want the ham to become tender enough that you can pull it apart with a fork.
- Remove ham and allow to rest for a couple of minutes. Strain excess liquids and set aside.
- Start to shred or chop your ham. Once the ham is fulled shredded, put it back into the slow cooker.
- Pour as much of the leftover liquid as you would like back into the ham. We added around 3/4 of the liquid back in.
- Allow ham to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Enjoy as a sandwich, over rice, on a salad, or it can be eaten all on its own!