Quinoa with Kale, Cranberries & Halenda’s Hot Csabai Sausage
Nothing celebrates the holiday season like cranberries! This quinoa, kale and cranberry mixture is the perfect side dish for your Christmas dinner. A beautiful combination of spicy and sweet flavours. Recipe developed by @zimmysnook
- 2 Halenda’s Csabai Hot Smoked Sausage (10 oz), cut into ½” cubes
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 celery stock, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup hard apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups chopped kale, lightly packed
- In a large pot, cook sausage, shallots, carrot, celery and sage over medium-high heat until just browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cider, water, quinoa and salt and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is just absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cranberries, cover, remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.