Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts & Halenda’s Double Smoked Bacon
Slivers of award-winning crispy bacon add salty and savory notes to brussels sprouts in this easy side dish that’s worthy of a wintery holiday feast, but also easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner. Developed by @zimmysnook
- 1 ½ lbs brussels sprouts
- 8 slices Halenda’s Double Smoked Bacon, thick slices, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup (175 mL) pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove root end and core from brussels sprouts, then run the sprouts through a food processor with a slicing disk attachment (if you don’t have one, you’ll need to slice the brussels sprouts thinly with a knife, so plan a little extra prep time!)
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, then add bacon. Sauté until beginning to crisp. Drain bacon fat, add olive oil, then add sprouts and sauté for 3 minutes. Cover pan and cook 2 minutes longer or until sprouts are crisp-tender.
- Toss in pine nuts, sauté 1 minute and season with salt and pepper.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.