- 1 lb. (450 g) lean ground beef
- 2-1/2 cups Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
- 2 cups light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (700 mL) pasta sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 12 lasagne noodles, uncooked
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 50 min
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups of the mozzarella cheese, the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the parsley and egg until well blended; set aside.
- DRAIN meat; return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce. Pour water into empty sauce jar; cover and shake well. Add to skillet; stir until well blended.
- SPREAD 1 cup of the meat sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, one-third of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup of the meat sauce. Repeat layers two more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1-1/4 cups mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with greased foil.
- BAKE 1 hour. Remove foil; continue baking 15 min. or until heated through. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.