Sirloin Wellington Recipe
As the holiday season approaches, it’s time to usher in the spirit of celebration with a culinary masterpiece that blends tradition with a touch of gourmet flair. Enter the Festive Sirloin Wellington – a dish that transforms the humble sirloin roast into a show-stopping centerpiece for your festive table.
Before we jump in, big thanks to Kara from Scale and Tailor for creating this recipe!
Crafted with love and culinary finesse, this recipe not only captures the essence of holiday indulgence but also promises a symphony of flavours that will leave your guests raving. Picture a juicy Halenda’s Meat Sirloin Roast, enveloped in layers of flaky Pastry Sheets, and adorned with a rich mushroom duxelle and Prosciutto stuffing that adds a festive touch to each bite.
The journey begins with the warming aroma of your smoker or oven preheating to a cozy 250 degrees – setting the stage for a holiday feast. The mushroom duxelle, a blend of finely chopped mushrooms reduced to a delectable paste, brings an earthy richness that complements the tender sirloin roast.
As you prepare the sirloin, removing any excess fat and seasoning it with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, the anticipation for the culinary spectacle builds. The delicate Pastry Sheets become the canvas for your culinary artistry, providing a buttery embrace for the sirloin roast.
But it’s the Prosciutto wrapping that takes this dish to new heights. Each slice creates a savory cocoon around the roast, ensuring a moist and flavourful interior while adding a touch of elegance to your holiday table. The optional lattice pastry layer, glazed with a golden egg wash, adds a festive touch that is both visually stunning and indulgently delicious.
Whether you choose to smoke or bake your Sirloin Wellington, the result is a succulent masterpiece that embodies the holiday spirit. The final touch – a brief rest before slicing – allows the flavours to meld, ensuring each bite is a moment of pure culinary bliss.
This holiday season, elevate your festive gatherings with the Festive Sirloin Wellington. A dish that not only satisfies the palate but also adds a touch of gourmet magic to your joyous celebrations. Gather around, savour the moment, and indulge in the decadence of this holiday delight.
Visit one of our Halenda’s Meats locations to pick up your delicious sirloin roast!
DID YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Sirloin Wellington Recipe
- 1 Halenda's Meat Sirloin Roast
- 2 Pastry Sheets
- 1 cup Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 10 slices Prosciutto
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your smoker or oven to 250 degrees.
- Let's first prepare the mushroom stuffing. Finely chop your mushrooms, add to a pan, on medium low heat. Slowly reduce into a paste stirring frequently. Once most of the moisture is gone, it starts to look like a paste, set it aside.
- If there is any hard fat or silver skin on the outside of your sirloin roast, remove it. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Next, lay your first layer of pastry on a lightly dusted flour surface. Spread an even layer of mushroom paste. leaving about 2" around the pastry.
- Next, tightly cover your whole sirloin roast in prosciutto. Slightly overlap each piece. This creates a moisture barrier between the roast and your pastry and prevents it from getting soggy.
- Place your roast on the pastry and fold over all edges of the pastry to tightly enclose the sirloin wellington. Do an egg wash by tossing an egg in a small bowl. Using a baster, coat the whole top with a thin layer.
- Optional: For a fancier look, you can use a lattice pastry cutter and place a lattice on top of the original layer of pastry. Use that second layer of pastry and cut the slits using the lattice cutter. Drape over the original layer of pastry. If you do the second layer, use an egg wash on this final layer instead.
- Place on a baking sheet, with parchment paper, and place directly on your grill or oven. You will smoke this for approximately an hour and a half (depending on the side of your sirloin roast) or until an internal temperature of 135 degrees (or to your preferred temperature). Once done, let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.