Smoky BBQ Ribs
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) pork back ribs or side ribs centre cut removed
- Smoky Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pour enough water into shallow roasting pan to come scant 1/2 inch (1 cm) up side. Cut ribs into 2-rib portions; place, meaty side up, in single layer in water. Cover and steam-roast in 325°F (160°C) oven until meat is tender, 75 to 90 minutes. Transfer to large glass baking dish, discarding cooking liquid.
- Spice Rub: In small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, mustard, cinnamon and salt ; rub all over ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
- Brush ribs with about half of the Smoky Barbecue Sauce. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning at least once and basting with remaining sauce, until glazed and browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.