Landman Gardens & Bakery Spicy Pork Roast Recipe
- 3 lb (about 1.4 kg) boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Landman Gardens Pork Spice Rub (recipe follows)
- 2 apples, quartered
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves
- bunch fresh thyme
- 2 cups apple cider (or beer)
- Pork spice rub, also available at Landman Gardens and Bakery.
- 1 tbsp each garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard powder, salt, pepper, chili powder
- 1 tsp ancho chili pepper powder (optional, for smoky flavour)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Coat pork loin on all sides with Dijon mustard.
- Combine spice rub ingredients and mix well. Spread rub evenly over pork loin.
- Next, place pork in pan on top of apples, onions, apple cider and seasonings.
- Cover and roast in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F and continue roasting for an hour or until internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Remove from roasting pan and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with apple and kale salad and Landman Gardens Hearty Salsa or your own chutney.
- Serves 6
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.