Striploin Steak with Roquefort Butter
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 ounces (about 1/3 cup) crumbled blue cheese, such as Roquefort
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 Strip loin steaks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Lemon wedges
- Serves 4 Prep time 10 min Grilling Time 6 to 8 min
- To make the butter: In a small bowl combine the butter ingredients. With the back of a fork, mash the butter mixture together until evenly distributed.
- Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Lightly brush or spray both sides of the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill over direct high heat until cooked to desired doneness. 6-8 minutes for medium-rare, turning once (if flare ups occur, move the steaks temporarily over indirect-high heat). Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with the butter smeared over the top and lemon wedges served on the side.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.