Tenderloin Stuffed with Spinach
Juicy and flavourful, this stuffed pork tenderloin is full of flavour. The richness of asiago, ricotta and spinach wrapped up in a tender beautiful of pork loin. A beautiful dish for special occasions, holidays or sunday dinner. Our family loves the simple and flavourful combination of this mouth-watering dish.
- 1 Halenda’s PORK TENDERLOIN, about 3/4 lb (375g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced onion
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cooked spinach, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each: ricotta cheese, grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each: salt and black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Serves 2
- Heat one tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil in a small skillet and cook onions until soft and translucent, but not browned.
- Combine cooked onions in a mixing bowl with spinach, ricotta, asiago, pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
- Cut pork loin lengthwise down the center almost all the way through. Then make two more similar lengthwise cuts down either side. Open out and cover with plastic film; gently pound with a rolling pin or mallet until about seven inches (18cm) wide.
- Spread spinach mixture down the centre. Starting with a longer side, roll up and secure with a skewer or tie with butcher’s string.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Heat remaining oil in an oven-proof skillet over high heat. Brown tenderloin on all sides and then roast for about 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155F (68C) on a meat thermometer.
- Carefully slice with a sharp knife
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.