- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 10 sheets lasagna noodles
- 1 3/4 cups pesto
- 4 cups cooked turkey chopped
- 3 cups low fat riccota cheese
- 4 large tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly oil a 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and brown sugar and saute for 15 minutes or until onions are soft and starting to caramelize. Set aside.
- In the baking dish spread 2 tbsp pesto on the bottom. Place a single layer of noodles (2) to cover the entire bottom of the dish. Spread the noodles with ¾ cup pesto evenly. Layer 2 cups of cooked Turkey on top of the pesto, and then half of the caramelized onions.
- Place another layer of noodles on top of the onions, pressing lightly. Spread 1 ½ cups of ricotta cheese evenly over the noodles. Cover cheese with a single layer of tomato.
- Place another noodle layer and repeat turkey/onion layer. Cover once more with noodles and repeat ricotta/tomato layer. Finish with another layer of noodles and then spread top with remaining pesto. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover dish with lightly greased foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve!Makes 8-10 servings.
Discover Hand-Picked Recipes
Browse Halenda’s hand-picked recipes to pair with our award-winning meats & specialities to create for your family.